In the above opinion article, author Jon Rappaport discusses the new round of social media censorship and its purpose, pointing out that the censorship is hypocritically being carried out under the banner of “protecting robust debate in a democracy” by making sure only “reasonable” content is allowed.
In other words, the powers-that-be feel they must censure your access to information they feel threatened by. And it’s all for your own good. Or so they’d have you believe.
Global Information Awakening
It was only a few years back that former U.S. National Security advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski went on public record as saying that a “global information awakening” was taking place due to the internet giving people access to unprecedented amounts of information they’ve never had access to in the past.
He basically admitted that as a result of this awakening, the powers behind the New World Order were becoming fearful that their plans for global dominance could be derailed.
I wondered at the time Brzezinski made his statement exactly how the powers-that-be would act in order to put a stop to this “global information awakening.” Now I know how they’re going to do it.
The Fake News Angle
Yep. They came up with the “fake news” angle.
In other words, they now claim that so much of the information on the internet is fake, social media needs to be carefully monitored, controlled and censored — by a knowledgeable elite, of course — so as to make sure that only the “responsible voices” are heard and the “irresponsible” voices are weeded out.
It’s for your own protection, you see. Of course, any voice that disagrees with the policies that govern the New World Order will be considered “irresponsible voices” promoting “fake news.” So…
- If you’re a Bible-believing Christian, and you discuss Biblical views online that some snowflake atheist or homosexual in New York City finds “offensive,” you’re sure to be branded as an “irresponsible voice” promoting “fake news.”
- If you’re against the promotion of transgenderism and other forms of gender confusion to children, and you discuss your reasons for it on social media sites, you’re sure to be branded as an “irresponsible voice” promoting “fake news.”
- If you think men should use the men’s restrooms and women should use the women’s restrooms in public places, and you discuss your reasons for it on social media sites, you’re sure to be branded as an “irresponsible voice” promoting “fake news.”
- If you’re against political correctness and all of the restrictions it places on free speech, and you discuss your reasons for it on social media sites, you’re sure to be branded as an “irresponsible voice” promoting “fake news.”
- If you’re against the concept of perpetual war being used to keep billions of dollars of taxpayer money flowing into the coffers of the military industrial complex, and you discuss your reasons for it on social media sites, you’re sure to be branded as an “irresponsible voice” promoting “fake news.”
- If you don’t believe in “global warming,” but think the “we must fight climate change” issue is nothing more than a charade designed to increase taxes and export American businesses to Third World countries, and you discuss those views on social media sites, you’re sure to be branded as an “irresponsible voice” promoting “fake news.”
- If you don’t believe that the Confederate flag should be removed and the statues of famous Americans should be torn down for “politically correct” reasons (i.e., butt-hurt liberals feeling “offended” at having to look at them), and you discuss those views on social media sites, you’re sure to be branded as an “irresponsible voice” promoting “fake news.”
- If you don’t believe we’d be silly to allow politicians to overturn the Second Amendment and confiscate our weapons, and you voice your views on social media sites, you’re sure to be branded as an “irresponsible voice” promoting “fake news.”
- etc. ad nauseum.
I could go on and on. But you get the picture. The whole “fake news” brouhaha was designed so the government would have reason to step in and staunch the flow of information to the public so the global elite need no longer be afraid of the “global information awakening” that Zbigniew Brzezinski spoke of with such concern only a few short years ago.
Orwell’s 1984 Unfolding
Orwell’s prophetic book, 1984, has been unfolding around us for a long time. In the book, the governmental “Ministry of Truth” manufactured lies for public consumption and censored anything the government didn’t want the people to know.
Unfortunately, Orwell’s “Ministry of Truth” is alive and kicking today in the form of the new censorship we’re witnessing via social media like Facebook, YouTube and many others.
For example, Mike Adams of Natural News – a staunch supporter of our rights to use natural products without government interference — was recently booted off of YouTube, after being branded in the conventional media, repeatedly and without merit, as a “snake oil salesman” and a “scam artist.”
I’ve personally been thrown into “Facebook jail” on multiple occasions for my posts, with my account shut down temporarily as punishment.
Likewise, Alex Jones has been censured on YouTube. People who have had Wikipedia pages for years have seen their pages disappear into thin air, with no other excuse from Wikipedia than “Individual did not meet our standard for notoriety.” Video bloggers Diamond and Silk (who are black Americans, and happen to support Donald Trump) have also been widely censored on Facebook for their views. The list goes on and on.
As one observer wrote about the Ministry of Truth in Orwell’s book:
“The Ministry of Truth had 3,000 rooms above ground level and 3,000 below, a testament to the resources the government puts into manufacturing its own version of reality, from rewriting history to producing propaganda to trying to remove as many words as possible from the English language to reduce people’s ability to think. Its main role was to help control the population through misinformation, outright lies and lack of information so that the state can maintain total power over the people.”
And here we are, today.
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the New World Order, where YouTube videos disappear overnight (unless they’re from CNN, MSNBC, CBS or ABC)…Facebook posts are censored and members thrown into “Facebook jail” for “violating terms and policies”…Twitter posts simply vanish into thin air after they’ve been posted…
…and if you’re selling something online, you can even find your ability to take credit card orders eliminated just because somebody didn’t like what you’re selling or what you said about it in your advertising.
The Biblical Solution to Censorship
What does the Bible have to say about all of this politically correct censorship? Ahh. Surely you remember?
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Bringing this up to modern times, you’ve got to toe the government-mandated line, folks, and take the beastly “mark” of political correctness or you’ll be ostracized, demonized and…well … disappeared from the internet. Overnight.
You probably remember the account in Acts chapter four, in which Peter and John and some of the other Disciples of Christ had performed a miracle through God, and afterwards the chief priests had them arrested because it had drawn so much attention to their preaching from the multitudes.
When the chief priests finally let the disciples out of jail, they threatened them by forbidding them to preach any longer in Jesus’ name. As it’s written:
Act 4:18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
Act 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
Act 4:20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
The apostles paid the religious leaders no mind. They basically said, “If our choice is obeying you or exercising our God-given right to testify to our experiences publicly, we’re going to keep on testifying.”
Go thou forth and do likewise, beloved. Don’t let the online censors get you down.
Sign up here to receive notifications of Steve’s News & Current Events Commentaries, as well as notifications when new in-depth Bible studies are posted. When you sign up, you’ll also receive a free copy of Steve’ in-depth Bible study, The Four Parts of God’s Plan.