According to this news article, Christian Britain is rapidly losing ground to the Islamics. The capital city of London is now routinely referred to as “Londonistan.” As the article at the above link points out:
- Some 500 Christians churches have been closed throughout London, England, alone, while some 423 Islamic mosques have been opened.
- The Hyatt United Church was bought by the Egyptian community to be converted to a mosque.
- St Peter’s Church has been converted into the Madina Mosque.
- The Brick Lane Mosque was built on a former Methodist church.
- London is now… “a cultural, demographic and religious hybrid in which Christianity declines and Islam advances.”
- Not only buildings are converted, but also people. The number of converts to Islam has doubled; often they embrace radical Islam, as with Kalid Masood, the terrorist who struck Westminster.
- “British personalities keep opening the door to introducing Islamic sharia law. One of the leading British judges, Sir James Munby, said that Christianity no longer influences the courts and these must be multicultural, which means more Islamic.”
- “Rowan Williams, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, and Chief Justice Lord Phillips, also suggested that the English law should “incorporate” elements of sharia law.”
- British universities are also advancing Islamic law. Indeed, “At the Queen Mary University of London, women have had to use a separate entrance than men, and were forced to sit in a room without being able to ask questions or raise their hands, just as in Riyadh or Tehran.”
- Between 2012 and 2014, the proportion of Britons who identify themselves as Anglicans (i.e., members of the Anglican church) fell from 21% to 17%, a decrease of 1.7 million people, while the number of Muslims has grown by almost a million.
- Christian churchgoers are declining at a rate that within a generation, their number will be three times lower than that of Muslims who go regularly to mosque on Friday.
What’s happening? It’s simple: Due to political correctness, Christians have rejected the conquest theology of the Bible – which is to say, the idea that the Gospel message must be preached to all people throughout the world, until the world itself becomes Christian.
Worse yet, Christians have replaced the conquest theology of the Bible with the politically correct theology of surrender.
Christians are not only failing to take more ground, they’re rapidly giving up ground to the earthly forces of Satan himself, which is to say the false religions of the world such as Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, and many other non-Christians “isms” such as socialism, communism, humanism, Darwinism, etc.
Our Lord and Savior gave one last direct command when He visited the disciples after His resurrection. Here’s what He said:
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He told us to go forth and conquer the world, using the Gospel message as our conversion tool. What’s more, He said that He’d already done the conquering for us when He rose from the dead, and that now all we had to do was march forward with His Word – His Gospel message — and that conquest would become reality. As it’s written:
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
The word “overcome” in the above verse is translated from the Greek word nikao, meaning “to conquer,” “to hold the victory over.”
For centuries our Christian forefathers faithfully and with great fervor and vigor did as our Lord and Savior commanded. They marched forth from that tiny spot in the Middle East called Israel, and took the Gospel message to the world, making Christianity the largest and fastest-growing religion on the face of the earth, and bringing the blessings of God, through Christ, to hundreds of millions of people.
Unfortunately, today, because of political correctness, Christians no longer do so. They’ve retreated behind church walls, publicly silencing themselves, and instead of working to fulfill the great commission which was commanded by Christ Jesus Himself, they’ve substituted church bake sales, sing-a-longs, Christmas plays and Easter egg hunts on church lawns.
As a direct result of this profound dereliction of Christian duty, the Islamics are conquering Christian ground right and left throughout what was once known as western Christendom.
So what do Christians need to do in order to stem the rising tide of Islamic conquest?
They need to hoist back up the banner of the Gospel message and start carrying it forth once again, with all of the fervor and vigor of Christ and His disciples, and virtually all of our Christian forefathers.
Christians need to re-introduce themselves to what it means when the Scripture says that at Christ’s resurrection, when He entered the heavens, He “spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it,” which is to say, He conquered the false gods of the heavens (i.e., Satan and his fallen angels) and then turned that conquest over to us to fulfill on this earth.
If you’d like to learn more about the conquest theology of the Bible and how it applies to your life as a Christian, see my new Bible study, “Taking and Holding Ground: a Gospel Message.”
The study documents from Scripture the fact that the gospel message is a message of both spiritual conquest and spiritual reconciliation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
It further documents that the Christian religion is in decline largely because it has rejected the conquest theology of the Bible, and of the gospel message itself, and has replaced it with politically correct doctrine of retreat and surrender.
As a result, Christendom has allowed the militant heathen to come pouring in to our Christian nations demanding that we change our ways to suit them. Christianity will NOT recover from this onslaught until they once again take up the mantle of spiritual conquest through the gospel message, and carry it forth as the Christians of old once did.
Regards in Christ,
Sign up here to receive notifications of Steve’s News & Current Events Commentaries, as well as notifications when new in-depth Bible studies are posted. You’ll also receive a free copy of Steve’ in-depth Bible study, The Four Parts of God’s Plan, when you sign up.